A quick history of art told through kitten street art
1. Igor Stravinsky, New York, NY (1946)
2. Francis Bacon (1975)
3 . Aaron Copland, Peekskill, NY (1959)
4. Arthur Miller, New York, NY (1947)
5. Georgia O’Keeffe, Ghost Ranch, NM (1968)
6. Man Ray, Paris, France (1948)
7. Otto Frank, Father of Anne Frank, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (1960)
8. Jackson Pollock, Long Island, NY (1949)
9. Marcel Duchamp, New York, NY (1966)
10. Alberto Giacometti, Paris, France (1954)
In 1967, Kathrine Switzer was the first woman to run the Boston marathon. After realizing that a woman was running, race organizer Jock Semple went after Switzer shouting, “Get the hell out of my race and give me those numbers.” However, Switzer’s boyfriend and other male runners provided a protective shield during the entire marathon.The photographs taken of the incident made world headlines, and Kathrine later won the NYC marathon with a time of 3:07:29. [Wiki]
Awesome women in history.
I can’t explain how much I love rulebreaking, society changing, progressive women.
Wow, this was as recently as the 70’s. Seeing this posts makes me have a whole new perspective on knowing my parents ran many marathons together in the 70’s-80’s. I wonder if my mother ever experienced something like this. If she did, she never told me.